Friday, December 4, 2009

Tis the Season..

Well,the tree is up (decorated only with lights ...for as it stands right now ..our red and gold decorations are MIA...) , the harth is dressed in a beautiful garland and the stockings are hung... Oddly, I don't remember being as excited for Christmas as a child as I am now! :) I love making gifts and decorations to make our home cozy! Last year for my birthday my mother-in-law Robin bought be a wonderful sewing machine..i had every intention of being a sewing master but it wasnt until a few weeks ago that I really broke it out and got to work! Many gifts were made this year which makes me (and the bank) very happy! I cannot wait to give out the things I have created for my friends and family!

While I have been slaving over the sewing machine, Jason has been hard at work at the computer...he has had three or four papers due recently...one of which that was 25+ pages long! What a studious boy! After this weekend of paper writing he will only have one final that will close out this first semester of seminary! I am so proud of all his hard work! Thankfully, he will get a large portion of Dec. and Jan. off from school and we are praying for snow...bring it on Lord! Jason does snow removal during the winter which if he can get a lot of work in will really help with the finances. :)

Jason and I will be in CO for most of the holidays but will be in Iowa the 18th-27th...we would love to reconnect with all of our loved ones in that area so plus contact us if we dont get a hold of you! We miss you all and can't wait for our visit!!

Thank you for all of your love and support through this last year of new transitions for the two of us. We adjusting well to life in CO and are blessed by the Lord for providing for all of our needs this past year.

Items of Prayer:
.Please pray for us financially this coming year as I will be looking for a teaching job and jason continues his studies.
.Please pray that we would reach out always to those in greater need then ourselves-the Lord has blessed us and jason and I have both been convicted with the need to bless others with that little we may have.

We love you and wish you a very merry holiday season...
Much Love,
The Borretts

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, those are some long papers...Mitch is a ministry major so he has had plenty of exegeticals to write as an undergrad, most of which are between 15-20 pages. I have edited every one of them, and he would like to go to seminary eventually so good to know I can look forward to an extra 5-10 pages per paper from now on lol. Hope you have a great Christmas!

--Anna Thorne

Post a Comment

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates