Saturday, February 20, 2010

Yes, We are Alive...

Hello World..
Its been forever ... but here we are again! I have been a little on the "not with it" side the last month or two but I have finally decided that I am ready to tackle the projects and daily routines that I would like and need to. So, here is an update on the last two or so months:

December: Went to Iowa to visit family and friends..it was a refreshing and much needed visit. We were blessed out our ears from our generous families! It was wonderful spending time together. When we got home from Iowa we picked up our new addition.. Loki our furball of a kitty! We had been wanting a cat for so long and I finally convinced Jas to let me get one! It was so much fun bringing him home and getting him used to his new pad! :) After a few days of having him he started meowing if we weren't holding him...he LOVES attention lol! So, after thinking it through we decided to go back and get one of his litter mates-his brother. Toby came home a week later and the circus began at the Borrett apartment! haha! They are the best cats..and although some what pricey, they are a blessing! Whether Jason will admit it or not..he loves them like crazy! :) So there you have it...a family of four :)

January: Back to work and school! :) Jason began his second semester at Denver with a bang and is really enjoying his classes this semester. He is learning a lot and is even applying the things he is learning to his life now.

February: January disappeared before we even had a chance to say hello and February isn't proving to be any better :) But it has been a very fun and jam packed month already! We went to see our friends Jess and Celsey Huber at Camp the first weekend and had a blast.
I recently found out that I am allergic to gluten which has been very challenging and has created a lot of changes in our budget but it was a relief to start feeling better after being sick for so long. It's hard to change a pattern and lifestyle but Jason has been crazy supportive and loving through it all.
The next weekend we went back up to Camp but this time as counselors. We counseled the grade school winter camp and had.. SO MUCH FUN! It was amazing being up there again with such great kids. Jason and I both had a fabulous cabin load of 9-10 year olds. It was like a breath of fresh air for me and I was able to see the Lord really working in my heart that weekend. He showed me pieces of myself that I hadn't in the past few months. Needless to say it was an unexpected weekend but a blessing nonetheless.
The next weekend was Valentine's Day and my uncle offered us his mountain house for us to stay in over the weekend! It was so nice to get away and just enjoy being together and sharing God's creating with each other. I had been there before so it was fun reliving the places I had been and the memories I had. The last time I was up there was with my dad Roy before he went to be with the Lord. It felt wonderful to be there and remember him with he was full of life and joy. We went to the hot springs up there which was so nice. it was so relaxing to get into the nice warm water. We even got to sit in the river where the natural hot springs flow from. We were literally sitting in a mountain river, in the winter, with snow falling, in our swim suits haha! We loved it!

Present Day: Well, as you can see it really has been a crazy few months. Jason and I are growing together everyday...learning how to love each other right and serve the people around us. We are praying for our future and the steps the Lord has us taking! No babies in the Borrett future... for those of you who might be wondering haha! We are enjoying life and the fun we can have now! :) We would appreciate you praying with us for guidance and wisdom as we look to what the future holds! We love you all and would love to hear how the Lord is moving in your lives and what you have been up to!

Love,
The Borrett Four!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates